Sweet Potato Hash
- 1 large or 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and quartered (about 1 lb.)
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 11 oz. can southwestern-style corn with black beans and peppers, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons chipotle salsa
- 3 medium avocados, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- Fresh cilantro leaves and chili powder (optional)
- Place sweet potatoes in microwave-safe dish; cover and cook on 100% power (high) 5 to 8 minutes until tender enough to chop. Cool slightly; cut into chunks. Sprinkle lightly with salt.
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add potatoes; cook until browned and crisp-tender; about 3 minutes. Add drained corn to skillet. Cook 3 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, stir together sour cream and chipotle salsa.
- To serve divide sweet potato mixture among 4 plates. Top with avocado and serve with chipotle sour cream sauce. Add cilantro and sprinkle with chili powder.
Each serving: 246 calories, 14 g fat, 12 mg chol, 463 sodium, 29 carbs, 5 g fiber, 4 g protein
I microwaved the sweet potato with its skin on and peeled and quartered it after it had cooked. I could not find the southwestern-style corn with black beans and peppers in my local market, so I used 1/2 can of rinsed black beans and a half can of frozen corn. I think one avocado quartered and sliced for each person is plenty, but some folks really like their avocado - you be the judge.
Life is good - enjoy!