Prep: 40 minutes Total: 40 minutes
Use the freshest wild or farmed salmon for this dish. Chilling it in the freezer for 20 minutes makes it easier to dice.
- 1 - 8oz. boneless salmon fillet, skinless
- 1/4 cup finely diced, seeded cucumber
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1-1/2 tsp. minced fresh chives
- 1-1/2 tsp. minced fresh cilantro
- 1-1/2 tsp. grapeseed or vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 tsp. minced, seeded jalapeno
- 1-1/2 tsp. minced shallot
- 3/4 tsp. minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp. Asian sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp. (scant) lime zest
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Thick-cut potato or tortilla chips
- Place salmon on a plate; freeze until well chilled, about 20 minutes
- Thinly slice salmon lengthwise into 1/8" wide sheets. Cut each sheet into 1/8"-long strips. Cut strips crosswise into 1/8" cubes. Place salmon in a medium bowl. Add cucumber and the next 9 ingredients and toss to combine. Season tartare to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer tartare to a bowl and serve with chips.
This tartare is really addictive and the chips are ridiculously good. This is chips and dip all grown up. The next time I make this I'm not sharing.
Life if good - enjoy!