Sunday, August 28, 2011

Steak House Salad Pizza with Chunky Blue Cheese Dressing

Since I like food, and especially like looking at pictures of food it generally doesn't take me too long to decide to make something new.  When I came across the picture for a steak house salad pizza I knew I had to have it and to have it right away.  Check this out.
My Version of a Steak House Pizza

I have to say this is one of the best things I've eaten all summer. I'll post the calories at the end, but I have to tell you this pie is worth every one.

Steak House Salad Pizza
Use your favorite homemade pizza dough recipe, or to save time purchase fresh dough from your favorite pizza parlor, or use a prepared pizza crust.

Makes 4 servings
Total Time: 15 minutes

BRUSH
2 New York strip steaks, trimmed (8 oz. each)
Olive oil
Salt & Black Pepper

DIP
1 lb. fresh pizza dough, all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella

TOP
5 cups chopped romaine lettuce
1 1/2 cups chopped tomato
1/3 cup minced red onion
Chunky Blue Cheese Dressing to taste

Preheat grill to medium-high. Brush grill grate with oil.
Brush steaks with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill steaks, covered, to desired doneness, 3 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer steaks to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes before thinly slicing against the grain.







Dip dough in flour and roll into a 16" round. 





Lightly brush dough with oil and season with salt. Grill dough covered 2 minutes.












Flip dough, sprinkle on mozzarella, cover, and grill until cheese melts and crust blister and crisps, about 2 minutes.



Top grilled dough with romaine, tomato, onion, and steak slices. Drizzle pizza with chunky Blue Cheese Dressing.

Thank you "Cuisine At Home", Issue No. 88 August 2011 for coming up with this idea. This was so good. The crust was crisp and the toping were some of summers best bounty.  I have to admit I messed up with the directions. I was trying to cook this for the two of us and somehow didn't half the dough. I did use half the ingredients just twice the dough. Oh well this pie has 643 calories per serving with 12 grams of saturated fat and that doesn't cover the fact that we ate twice as much dough as we should have. I guess our bike ride tomorrow will have to be twice as long.

Life is good - enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This looks really good. I'm always looking for new ideas for the restaurant. You may see this on the Yellow Brick menu before too long!

    ReplyDelete

Followers